10 June 2009

Getting Real First...

Hello!

Just taking a break from cutting out a dress. I have not touched my machine in months... I am afraid!
Afraid it will take several garments to get back in the swing of sewing again.
After reaching the age where it is obvious I am a big girl, and should know how to dress myself...

A decision was reached. That is right.  A firm decision. Sometimes you can't fight genetics and medicine!
But I might not dress myself to the "norm.." standard....for my age group...I am just not that into what is out there for the middle aged woman. Some of it is rather, uncomfortable looking.
Confession...
I love fashion shows ...wish the models looked more like me. But walking hangers do present the clothing just as the designer dreamed.
But, I am certainty not a fast pace business woman, nor am I a socialite. So fashion is fun for me to watch, sometimes chuckle over, and get sucked into one show about clothing designers now and again.
I am a SAHW, I am middle aged, and I am uncomfortable.
Due to a giant flair up...(flair up meaning symptoms of my disorder are bothersome and limiting), a very different sort of discomfort came into my life.
I have gained weight. Thanks to modern medicine that keeps the symptoms in check but causes you to gain weight, and the giant flair up that keeps me from exercising everyday as I wish. Gaining more weight than I care to talk about, this IS my REALITY! To "ell" with all of you out there that give me looks. By golly I am a cute looking weeble! So Take that and stick it in your pipe!
I have been looking over my old clothes, trying to figure out which to recycle, upcycle or plain say goodbye. I have to figure out clothing that I am comfortable in, but don't look like I don't give a crap about how I look. Even the hardest days, I could have an outfit that won't make me look like I feel.
Looking thru every summery dress I have to see what I have to adjust before my daughters wedding day!

Okay, slow down. First thing was first. Get prepared for the BIG DAY!
I have set aside several outfits that will work. I have to put them on and see which dress does not ADD to the silhouette!! I am saving that small fashion show in my home for later.
Then go to what else I will wear while I am with other people. Something that will allow me to lay down if needed and rest, but not look like a giant mess....
Amazed at the amount of clothing I have collected in the last couple of years, it will take a couple of weeks or a month or two before I find the end of that project!  I have found all kinds of clothing to try on and figure out how to dress this new body style. I have grown up and matured all over the place.

How DO you dress a WEBBLE??



No comments:

Post a Comment