09 October 2019

Taking a Break

Taking a break from Cat Jackets!  Today I am a bubble head (Lunesta hangover) so I better sick to instructions sheets instead of being creative with cat jackets! Time to think about my own wardrobe for the fall and winter months  
Anna Boo says: kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaz. It is true that no matter what time of the day when I get ready to use the computer or keyboard, Anna Boo shows up to type.

Since I am house moth instead of a social butterfly, there is no need for stylish work clothes. At this time my wardrobe has basically become flannel pants and tee-shirts in the winter, tee shirts, and shorts in the summer. Most of my clothes are too small, due to a weight gain from a few steroid treatments or they are too big...

Not a pleasant vision for my wonderful husband! (Not that he complains, but I am sure  he has grown sick of seeing me in the same few outfits..)

 A few weeks ago I got a dressmaking form so upcycling some of my clothes will be so much easier than trying to pin things up while I am wearing them. OH, BOY was that discouraging to pin clothes on me.  I am not the most coordinated human alive!

Today is housepants from some old material from the stash. This material is from the mid '80s...it looks like a big piece of material my sister was going to use in a 4H clothing project. (A southwest sort of a pattern, I remember her outfit well and how she sewed like G'ma Ruth did...and her awards!)
There has to be three yards of material. I noticed that there are some faded areas where the material was folded and stored on the shelf. Kind of like how the back of your furniture looks when it has been in the sun for years.  Ah, no matter. These are housepants for me to wear inside my house. A little fading might make the pants a little interesting.

After gathering up the supplies, ironing the material and pattern pieces, I proceed to start pinning and with the help of  Anna-Boo! Whenever I pin any tissue pattern onto material, she has to 'help', mostly by laying on the tissue and doing a twirl! (Such a silly cat...who is about five seconds from being put into a carrier! In other KITTY NEWS....Cassie Cat is checking out a box I have not torn down yet. It is long and full of scrunched up newspaper. It is the box the dress making form came in...oh no! The box fell over and scared that goosey cat!  Poor Little Pink Nose! My cats love to play in boxes!)
It has been almost two years since I have done any sewing for myself. As I mentioned before a few steroid treatments have made me "grow" and I have not lost that weight yet! Many family members think that G'ma Ruth is taking over my body!! Not such a bad thing since she was a wonderful person! I am going to make these housepants the size the pattern says that will fit my hips.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
After a few hours of sleep, I am less of a bubble head.

Back to sewing:
Perfering pants that have pockets and looking over the pattern again, I decided to put the pockets on the housepants. Very vintage looking! Double stitching the pockets on so they won't tear away with the funky things that I stick in my pockets in a day...!  Time to sew the pants together!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment